Looking for the best exercises to get in shape for the summer? The best way to burn calories and get the summer body everybody is looking for is to do combo exercises. Combo exercise are great because they are more time efficient and help increase your heart rate allowing you to burn more calories in less time. Try this simple 6-combo exercise workout routine three times a week to get summer ready in no time.
1. Plie squat with a calf raise – Stand with feet wide, toes turned out and drop into a squat. Keep your back upright and your glutes underneath you. As you stand from your squat lift onto your toes for a calf raise. Perform 20 pile squats with a calf raise each set.
2. Mountain Climber Push-up – Starting in a high plank position with your hands underneath your shoulders and shoulder width apart. Bring your right knee to the outside of your right elbow and then back to plank position, repeat on the left side. Then bend your elbows to a 90-degree angle lowering into a pushup while keeping your core tight and neck long. Press back up to plank position and repeat for 15 total reps.
3. Jog 1 minute or perform any plyometric exercise of your choice.
4. Step-up and curl – Place your right foot on a step box and step-up bringing your dumbbells to your shoulder for a bicep curl each time. Perform 10 step-ups on the right and then repeat on the left.
5. Body Row – Starting in a high plank position holding dumbbells with your hands underneath your shoulders and shoulder width apart. Bring one dumbbell back towards your hip performing a row and then repeat on the other side for a total of 20 reps. Keep your hips square and core tight through out the movement.
6. Lunge and shoulder press – Start with your dumbbells at your shoulders, step back with the right leg into a lunge and press the dumbbells towards the ceiling. Keep your shoulders stacked over your hips and knee over ankle while lunging. Repeat on the left side and perform a total of 20 reps.
Do the whole circuit three times with one minute rest in between each circuit.